After the first sock was finished with few difficulties, you would think that the second sock would be a breeze. But no. I had already knit the ribbing for both socks while searching for instructions for short rows that I could understand. When it came time to knit the second sock, I found the ribbing had four more stitches than the first sock and was in danger of being too large. Okay, pull up my socks, frog and knit the ribbing again.
Then I made mistakes with the short rows on the heel and had to frog it at our spinning/knitting group and in front of everyone made the mistake of strangling the sock.
The sock *appeared* to be chastened and I was admiring the fact that both socks looked so similar right past the heel. I should have suspected something when I ran out of yarn when it came time to short row the toe. But I innocently spun a bit more yarn.
When the sock was finished it was about half an inch too short and didn’t fit me. Apparently I had spun a thinner yarn.
So rather than undoing the toe, I snipped a stitch and plan to knit more in the middle and then Kitchener the whole sock together afterwards. I ran a lifeline above and below the points where the sock will be opened up and marked one row above and below so I canput it back together correctly afterwards.