Saturday, June 23, 2007

Blubarb crisp


A friend who came to visit and knit yesterday remarked that the blubarb crisp I served her went well with the flowers in the vase. It later occurred to me that the sock I am working on fit the color scheme as well! I think there is a pattern emerging here.

I knit the sock using the tutorial on yarnover short rows http://alison.knitsmiths.us/shortrow_tutorial.html

Yarnover short rows seemed easier than the wrap short rows. The plum yarn is wool from my sheep processed and pin drafted at Loch’s Fiber Mill in Springville, PA. Jamie does a great job!
The turquoise blue blend in the heel and toe is a combination of my wool and mohair for strength carded at home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alpaca Granny said...

I just stumbled across your blog and so enjoyed reading it. Am going to check out your Etsy shop now.
Maple

7:16 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

What a gorgeous photo - brings together those important and beautiful things... flowers, colours, food, knitting. Thanks for all the pictures of your home and garden - look so beautiful.

12:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home