Thursday, March 19, 2015

Winter's End in Sight






Winter was very long, but not unproductive, but that is the good part about winter.
We had several visits from beautiful foxes that I thought I had been hearing at night mostly during the summer, but never seen before this.


I got some paintings done and dyed some silk for a beautifulcowl


I have some more tussah dyed and drying for another one.  Before that I used some handspun that I had blended from Finn wool, tussah silk and kid mohair for a lovely shawl.  It looks nothing like the pattern photo, but that is because my yarn is heavier.

  Most of the amaryllis blossomed, but still waiting for a couple of them to blossom. 

It is almost time to start peppers and tomatoes.  I want to try a new cross between Brandwine and an Italian heirloom tomato.  Brandwine will get its usual place in the garden though.



We both loved the Diana Gabaldon Outlander books.  I even read most of them twice – not something I EVER do.  Now while waiting for her next book to come out we watched the first season (hopefully of many) Starz Outlander series and right away noticed the “time-traveling” knitted garments the characters are wearing, and had to make the Clair Capelet .  I unraveled a sweater that I had spun the yarn for in my early days of spinning.  The yarn was beginner-thick, but I am very pleased with the results just finished this week.  I changed the pattern some and see now some other changes I would have liked to have made - - if I could go back in time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynda Andrews said...

Those are really fascinating stuff. Fine embroidery and arresting pallette in such proper timing. Those are what products should be all about, and one should really pursue all means to emphasize and encourage that kind of craftsmanship and approach. Thanks for sharing that! More power to you!

Lynda Andrews @ Online Marketing Tree

4:54 PM  
Blogger Patti Shreiner said...

The capelet looks great, as does all of your work, and it is still cool enough to wear it!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home