Sunday, September 29, 2013

Wheels and parts for sale


 I have a couple of spinning wheels and incomplete wheels to sell.



Some of them are listed here.
This German double flyer has one leg that is a non-matching reproduction.  The wheel is exactly as it came from overseas.  Asking $400 obo.


This is a very pretty, but simple PA wheel.  It has a hole for a reeling pin and beautiful and probably original, red brown paint.  It has an 1/8” gap in one joint on the wheel rim.  It comes with three bobbins with brass bearings and custom made flyer by Fred. $450 firm.
The next two parts of wheels are signed.  One is signed I. Makee and the other, C. Kaufmann.  I was thinking maybe $100 for the two together or make me an offer.  I would rather see them go to spinning wheel fanciers than be burned or thrown away.






The winder seems to have all working gears and they advance the clicker peg properly.  It looks like they have had wax applied to them, but can get a photo if interested.  Two of the arms need to be glued into the hub, but I left them alone because it might make transportation easier.  The hub needs to be pegged to the spindle and one cross arm needs to be glued.  Asking $125 obo.

2 Comments:

Blogger Janice in GA said...

I don't need another wheel, but I send you all the best wishes I can and much support and love.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Tombstone Livestock said...

Christine at Front Porch Indiana made a great toilet paper roll holder out of a yarn winder, if all else fails good way to recycle.

Good luck, keep your chin up wish I lived closer one of those wheels would temp me for sure.

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home