Monday, September 30, 2013

ABUNDANCE


This summer has brought me some heartache, but it has also brought abundance.

Fruit trees were loaded with fruit. Our berry bushes produced wonderful berries that made glorious jam.  Even our little hazelnut bush was loaded.  The star magnolia is covered with bright red seeds and the dogwood is full of fruit - - edible, but awful tasting. There are still loads of green tomatoes in spite of my having given so many away.  A friend told me about roasting ripe tomatoes to make a fantastic bruschetta that freezes well.  It's wonderful on homemade bread!  There is the usual pile of squash and still carrots in the garden along with Brussels sprouts - which I had never grown before.  The vegetable garden is close to being put to bed. 

 
 
The gorgeous leaves with their brilliant color have several days before rain comes to wash their color to the ground. 

I have been blessed with abundance of affection and support of friends and family in this time and am grateful for all of it.  It has made me much stronger and even happy. 
 

 


This is what can happen when one is surrounded by wonderful people.  I told my spinning and knitting friends about a need for easy care yarn for the Blankets for Veterans project to knit 40 blankets for our female military veterans.

This is what resulted!



3 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

I know that every person's situation is different but last July my husband of 13 years left me for another woman. I can not even begin to describe the pain I went thru. Today I am so much healthier physically and mentally and happier. Like you I did it with the love and support of friends and family. We women are wise enough to have our network of love and compassion surrounding us in tough times :-) God bless.

7:30 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

The love and support of family and friends can never be underestimated! Some how, we make it through the hard times...

And don't forget, your friends (I for one) feel blessed to know you, and are glad to help in any way!

4:19 PM  
Blogger turquis said...

Dear Grace, I'm horribly shocked at Fred's defection. Why not just separate? Will he go to counciling with you? Incredible that he wants to start over so late in life! I look at your blog now and then cause I love all the things you do. Garden was great here this year too. My first year with straw bale gardening, dahlias, Swiss chard, morning glories and Cana produced pleasant surprises. The dismal failures I have forgotten about already. It took me about four years to get over my marital maelstrom but coming out on the other side was sort of like in the Wizard of Oz when Dorothy wakes up in Oz and it goes from black and white to technicolor. I think I even met the tin woodman (Bill) the cowardly lion (Tom) and the scarecrow (Frankie). Love and hugs, Dory

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home