Wednesday, November 14, 2012

THE NAKED DISTAFF


Apparently spiders disapprove of naked distaffs.  I don’t know how long it would take them to finish covering it, but I ended the effort early.

I got some Christmas knitting done over the past few weeks.  The multicolored scarf was knit from a gift skein from Patti.  The skein, Fiesta ballet is half superfine alpaca and half tencel in the aster color.

The other scarf was spun from a gorgeous batt Audrey gave me plus some yummy silk.  Both are variations on the Old Shale or Feather and Fan patterns.

3 Comments:

Blogger bspinner said...

I'm so happy I'm not the only one that has spiders weaving their webs on my spinning wheels. Thnink maybe I should dust more?
I love the colors and pattern in your scarf.
Do either you or your husband fix older wheels? I have one like one you posted some time ago but can not get it to draw in.
Happy Thanksgiving

5:59 PM  
Blogger Gail V said...

You are an amazing knitter, Grace.

2:21 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

If you could teach the spiders to dress the distaff with flax, then you would be on to something!

Your scarves are lovely, and so soft to the touch..beautiful work~

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home