Monday, July 16, 2012

Sator square


I picked the last of the black raspberries today and so far have made over a gallon and a quarter of jam - - in 8 oz and 16 oz jars.  There is still a half gallon of juice in the freezer, but I think I will let that wait until the weather is cooler.

The Eye of the Tiger scarf is finally finished and blocked.  I am thinking of brushing it to fluff up the mohair in it.  Riverrim had given me some natural colored mohair a while back.  I carded it with Finn wool and then overdyed it blue and spun the yarn for the scarf.
The Italian bush beans are plentiful and delicious this year and I picked the first ripe tomato yesterday. The tomatoes were planted early  - - around mid-May so that is the reason for the very early ripe fruit. 

I am nearly finished with the Sator square.  It is supposed to protect a household or barn.  The Sator square goes back to ancient Roman times, but they say the Amish sometimes used it to protect their barns from fire.

3 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

Wow! The Sator Square is perfect for your place! Looks great! I always learn so much from you...

the scarf turned out well, you were brave to do that pattern.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

I followed the link as I had never heard of it, very interesting. Love the color of the scarf. I think I tried that once...didn't end happy!

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the bloger that I do learn something from it. Wedding day is readlly a very important day in our life, so we should charish it and wear the most exclusive strands of pearls, having beautiful pearl earring to decorate the hair, also wearing nice freshwater pearl necklace and faux pearl necklace.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home