Monday, September 05, 2011

Irene aftermath


Irene dumped about 6 inches of rain here and then it only took a little wind to knock out power. Last Monday the logging truck was clearing the roadway of trees that had fallen across the power lines blocking the road. Further along the road there is still water across it. The Shohola Creek came up higher than I can recall it ever being and made our road impassable for a few hours. Our power was restored in about three days, but many were not so lucky.






This rainy summer has given us loads of tomatoes. There are many, many more ripening out in the garden.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phiala said...

My weaving class at Peters Valley was quite exciting. I'll get caught up enough to blog soon, I think.

6:11 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

And it is still raining!

Thanks so much for sharing the harvest! The tomatoes are delicious!
Lurve those black pears!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Gail V said...

Wow, out of power for 3 days would do me in... the freezer full of meat! But you endured. Your tomatoes make me green with envy. Our MN wet summer made tomatoes refuse to ripen.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home