Wednesday, June 01, 2011

RUSHING












Spring seems to have rushed past. The wisteria which has never bloomed before decided to bloom this year. The earliest roses, the yellow R. hugonis, has already gone by as well and several other roses are blooming earlier than usual.















I wonder if this painted turtle is the parent of the tiny visitor to our spinning group several weeks ago. Fred noticed it hiking across the pasture this morning. By the time I got out with the camera it was in the driveway.

Cyndy told us about Blankets for Birmingham to provide some small comfort for victims of the tornados that hit Alabama - - before the terrible one that hit Joplin, Missouri.

Audrey donated an enormous cone of light pink yarn and it was distributed among our knitters over the past couple of weeks. These are some of my 8" squares.

2 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

So there is hope for my wisteria? I grabbed a small piece off of my gma's three years ago and it has never bloomed. I love it! Curt rescued a painted turtle crossing the road yesterday. Their armor is no match for cars.

5:44 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Wow!

Beautiful squares!

And beautiful Painted Turtle! I too- wonder if it is related :-)
Fred sure has an eye for spotting Turtles!

Your Wisteria is gorgeous..the photo just can't capture the beauty there!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home