Saturday, November 13, 2010

AMAZING FIRST WEAVING PROJECT!




Debbie Van Orden wove this awesome Whig Rose overshot set of four placemats and a table runner as her first project ever on a loom. Debbie also just picked up spinning. She plied yarns to make the pattern warp for her project. She did it on a four harness LeClerc Artisat loom. Debbie got the project done in record time too and with selvedges that make me jealous.

Greta Allman Lane gave her instructions and help warping the loom. Greta also got me started weaving overshot, but I had had a four harness floor loom in the past plus experience weaving on my tape looms.

4 Comments:

Blogger busyknittinmom said...

Wow! That is an amazing, beautiful project, even moreso as a first project.

10:48 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Wow!

Nice work Debbie...and good teaching work from Greta also!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

To just learn to spin and be able to produce something good enough to be used as warp...then to undertake such weaving project - Amazing!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Wow! I would love to learn how to weave overshot! Someone once told me you had to throw a tabby pick between every pattern row and since I've never seen any instructions to that effect, I've simply never tried to do anything with it.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home