Wednesday, September 15, 2010

ENDLESS MOUNTAIN FIBER FESTIVAL



Another Endless Mountains Fiber Festival has passed and days later I’m still trying to catch up with things around the house. I bought fiber that I don’t grow myself - - angora and mohair that needs to be washed so it will go to the head of the line. I started shearing the sheep yesterday so that will need to be washed and dyed, too.

Cyndy gave me this beautiful threader for my tape looms.

Debbie Knelly, Knellykreations, lured me into her booth with the promise of chocolate where I wish I had realized she would be willing to swap one of her wonderful baskets for something of ours!

Ron Walter and Kitty Bell stopped by the booth and brought a couple of double flyer wheels for Cyndy to try out in preparation for her presentation at the Coverlet Museum in Bedford, PA Oct. 16. There are a couple of their double flyer wheels with the drive wheel above the flyers – like the one Cyndy is spinning on - - in the photo on the Coverlet Museum’s home page.

Fred made new stands to display the nostepinnes and new Russian supported spindles which showed them off perfectly. Cyndy wore out her fingers demonstrating the supported spindles and most of the ones we brought sold.
Although the weather was chilly on Sunday, it was still fun and grand to see friends we hadn’t seen in years.

2 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

Another fun year at the EMFF!
(I'm still playing catch up too!)

The new display stands that Fred made are terrific--and it was my pleasure to demo on those fine spindles..they practically spin by themselves!

Thanks for another great festival!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

It was great to see you guys. When I get done being a hermit I will have to start coming on Fridays again.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home