Thursday, August 12, 2010

TABLE LOOM!

The National Weather Service said there was a 60% chance of rain for us today then a flood warning. So far not a drop of rain here. The day has just begun though so there is hope.

The chickens were admiring the onion harvest. I pulled the onions because some critter was getting into them. The tomatoes are all getting ripe at once now so more tomato sauce today.

I’ve put off working on a scarf in a handspun tussah silk/ Baby Finn blend in a variation on the Queen Silvia pattern in Nancy Bush’s Estonian Lace knitting book to get the new (to me) table loom set up to try an overshot pattern. Greta came here two days to get me off to a good start! It was great. There were several problems getting the loom to cooperate - - not the least of which is that there are issues with both ratchets, but now – thanks to Greta – I feel as if whatever comes up can be dealt with.

The pattern is a motif from Lee’s Surrender in the Davidson book. I’m using Aunt Lydia’s Classic Crochet #10 for the warp and a thicker 5/2 cotton from White Wolf and Phoenix.








3 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

What a great post!

Onion harvest! Chickens! Lace Knitting!

and WEAVING!

...I see you saved the best for last ;-)

5:42 PM  
Blogger Laughingrat said...

Wow, there's so much great stuff! The onions, chickens, scarf/handspun, and loom are all gorgeous. :-D I still have that baby Finn fleece from you, I was going to mix it half and half with some buff alpaca...keep hesitating since not only am I a slow spinner, but gosh, that Finn would be so pretty on its own.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

My goodness, what a lot of wonderful projects.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home