Monday, June 21, 2010

SPINNING DEMO







Sunday Cyndy and I – but mostly Cyndy – did a spinning demo at the Williams House overlooking Lake Wallenpaupack. The house is owned by the Wallenpaupack Historical Society.


I had some roving from the Sheep Shed Studio that I had dyed and had already spun one bobbin on my Londonderry, N H wheel that dates from around 1800. I spun a second one and plied the two bobbins during the afternoon. Cyndy showed combing wool, spinning on the great wheel and drop spindle spinning.

3 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

Thanks for inviting me to come along for the demo!

It was fun, and nice to talk to folks that were so interested! They asked some very good questions- and had a lovely collection of old textile equipment in the "textile room".

Too bad their old Walking Wheel was painted together... and I hope they vote to fix the old loom!

3:55 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Sounds like a great way to spend a day. I didn't realize that was WHS house as I haven't been over there in years. I use to pass by there every day and loved the house. I might have to go take a look inside.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Terri D. said...

It's nice to have a face to put to your name! Sounds like a nice time, Grace.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home