Thursday, June 03, 2010

Gardens: flowers and veggies
















Fiber pursuits have taken a back seat to the gardens lately. I took a chance - - which would have been most foolish most years - - and put out the tomatoes, eggplants and peppers which had been living on the windowsills around mid-May.

There are already tiny tomatoes on some of the plants and the lettuce and spinach look better than any we have ever grown.

The brown chick’s mother was killed by a coyote, but the chick survived. It took us over an hour to catch the little twit who kept scampering away from us in the bushes. Judy gave us the white chick to keep ours company.

4 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

He looks happier there than with the fat chicks that kept stomping on him. The gardens look wonderful. I love peonies.

7:01 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

So glad your peep has a little buddie!

Your gardens look perfect! The lettuce looks ready to eat! YUM!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Phiala said...

I have flowers on the tomatoes, and a tiny pepper or two.

I'm already eating snap peas and plenty of lettuce, and one perfect strawberry.

I have a very tiny garden, but I definitely enjoy it.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Gail V said...

Nice to see a bit about your home. I admit, my garden's barely begun ...
go look at my finn babies on my blog!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home