Thursday, December 17, 2009

Finishing the last presents







The last presents are finished. I made a version of the amazing Queen Silvia into a scarf (minus the scary X-thingies where you knit five together three times and yarnover twice all into the same stitch – I think!). It was pleasant to knit (Knitpicks glace) even though it was only my second try at lace-weight knitting. The photo isn’t very good. I snapped it just before packaging it and getting it into the mail without checking to see if the photo was okay.

The hat – requested by my grandson – was made of Knitpicks swish worsted with a hand dyed orange band. I am not into orange so didn’t want to buy a WHOLE skein of orangeness. The green/blue thing is going to be a glasses case for my son who has discovered that his arms are too short for reading. It is my Faux-Isle pattern (Aug 07 archive) which is always fun. It just needs to be hemmed at the top and the lining sewn in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

All knitting is beautiful, especially the scarf. I finished my Xmas knitting this morning so now I might cast on the Holiday Mitts for my SIL. Have a Merry Christmas.

3:15 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Nice work on all the gifts!

Your QS scarf looks so lovely! Your nupps blocked out perfectly!

I've decided to let my scarf go until after the holiday rush! It will be the first present I finish for next year!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Gail V said...

I was instantly attracted to the glasses case-- my patience is not great for knitting, and I, too, need a pair 'o' readers everywhere.
Lovely lace.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home