Monday, November 16, 2009

Ta-daaa!

The sweater for Fred is finished!

My mom sent me the Barbara Walker fourth treasury of knitting stitches for my birthday and I found an awesome cable that looks like a three dimensional chain. The only trouble was I couldn't figure out how to do it from the Walker book.

So I went on the Ravelry group - Big Sky Knitting- and found out the pattern for the cable (left and right versions)is in handy photos in Janet Szabo's cable book. (Cables: the basics, volume 1).


I love making sweaters starting with the shoulder saddles and working one's way down. Fred tried the sweater on numerous times so it fits very well. It is made from my handspun Finnsheep wool.


7 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

OH, very handsome sweater...gorgeous in Finnsheep wool!

That chain looking cable is really interesting! Looks really good!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Gorgeous!!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Muhammad Saad Ul Haq said...

Nice and beautiful work. I think creating such a beautiful thing by just using two thin needles is a worth appreciating art.
American Racing Wheel 17x7.5

2:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is extraordinary!! Fred will be very warm, and what a beautiful job.

Diana

12:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooooh Nice!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Where the heck have I been that I didn't see this post until now?! It is absolutely gorgeous. Merry Christmas to both you and Fred.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Terri D. said...

Your sweater for Fred is incredible! It is so wonderful in your Finn wool. I started my Finn flock this fall with a ram lamb and two ewe lambs. I love their fiber and calm disposition. I can only hope to be able to make my husband a sweater as beautiful.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home