Saturday, May 02, 2009

LAMBS!


Lambing season makes me hyper.
It’s so wonderful to see the little new lives, the perfect little critters coming in to the world, knowing so much about what it takes to be a lamb.
That is the good part. The other part where I always wind up loosing sleep isn’t so good.

We got off to an uneasy start when a yearling had the tiniest little black ram lamb. He weighed just over two pounds and couldn’t stand up to nurse. He wound up in a box in the entry way off the kitchen for about a week. We bonded. When I finally had to put him out in the barn with the other sheep I worried about how he would manage. He got in some trouble at first because he wanted to follow all the other ewes around sniffing their hind legs - - which probably felt like having an annoying little fly bugging them. While he had been in the house the quads were born - - all way bigger than he. He bonded with the quad I was bottle feeding so both would come out together to get fed.


This morning another yearling had her twin ewe lambs, covered with shiny ringlets.
I think there is only one ewe left to lamb. I will be glad when I can unplug the intercom and put it away and sleep peacefully through the night again.































5 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

So cute and precious.
Congrats!

7:55 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Great photos!

No wonder you bonded...they are so beautiful!

Glad that lambing season is winding down, and I hope you can get some well deserved rest!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Phiala said...

Your lambs are ridiculously cute.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

They are all adorable but the ringlet pic is the best!

7:58 PM  
Blogger LDSVenus said...

oh my gosh, they are sooo cute!!! Makes you just want to run over and give them a huge hug!!!! Someday I would love to have a small ranch/farm with a couple of sheep :).

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home