Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!


I did get the sweater finished. As mentioned previously I chose a merino superwash. The choice was because I didn't want a kid to get the impression wool was itchy and didn't want his mom to have a hassle washing it by hand.


I wasn't entirely happy with the way the sweater worked out. When my grandson put it on, the neck immediately stretched out so much I had to put in elastic around the neck.


This is only my second major project with "store bought" yarn. I knit an adult size Scandinavian sweater with some yarn I got on ebay before this. That yarn behaved the way I expected it to do so I don't know why the superwash was so different. Maybe it was just because it was superwash?

5 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

That's a shame about the sweater stretching out...but it still looks great and your Grandson is very handsome.

5:06 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

The Grandson looks pleased with the sweater! What a great gift! Beautiful work.

I once made some socks with superwash..they fit OK, but didn't have that "spring back memory" that wool has. I wonder if the chemical treatment somehow dimishes that??

6:50 PM  
Blogger Gingerbreadshouse7 said...

I think the sweater look great on that good looking kid :o), if the neck is stretched out it doesn't show...I think you did a wonderful job...makes me want to work on some of my UFO...Ginny

12:11 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Glad to hear you got the sweater done in time. It looks great on him. I hope you had a Happy New Year.

1:00 PM  
Blogger LDSVenus said...

I also think the sweater turned out wonderfully!!! He looks like a happy little guy to have a great sweater hand made by him grandma :). My granddaughter too is looking forward to the Hermione hat I'm knitting for her. :) They are sure worth it aren't they :).

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home