Sunday, December 21, 2008

MUST KNIT FASTER.....



I wish I had thought of knitting my grandson this sweater when he was a couple of years smaller. It wouldn’t have taken so many stitches! He is growing so fast that there is no way I can just get this done in my own time. If the sweater isn’t finished by Christmas, he’ll probably just grow right past it.

This is Knitpicks clematis heather “Swish” superwash Merino.
I used Janet Szabo’s technique of starting with the two shoulder saddles, knitting down front and back to the bottom of the arm hole and then knitting the sleeves. Then one goes back to knit the front and back from the bottom of the arm hole down in the round.
The neck ribbing came out perfect where it hits the cables on the back of the sweater and on both sleeves, but missed by a mile on the front of the neck. Hopefully people will be looking at the child's smiling face instead.
Have a wonderful Christmas! I need to get back to my knitting.

5 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

That's my motto now too! I have two stockings that are knit but not adorned as #1 daughter wants them. She will be here tomorrow to pick them up. I also have to find the mistake in the Hemlock Ring and finish that by Christmas. I do believe we are insane! Your grandson is going to love the sweater. It is beautiful. Merry Christmas

5:19 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Grace the sweater is gorgeous!

7:38 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

That is one handsome sweater!

I would never have guessed that the ribbing missed--and I'm sure the smiling face will be because the grandson is toasty warm inside his new sweater ;-)

Merry Christmas!

6:47 AM  
Blogger LDSVenus said...

Oh Grace, it is beautiful. Please let us know how much he loved it!!! Is that pattern your own or from a book by Janet Szabo? I can not see any mistakes from your photo on the neck, it just looks beautiful to me :).

6:15 PM  
Blogger finnsheep said...

I learned the Janet Szabo method from the Follow the Leader Aran Knitalong, which was hosted by knitting designer, teacher, and author Janet Szabo in early 2006.

You don't need any pattern ever. Just go back and read all the archives for the flak yahoogroup.
Every question I could think of to ask was asked and answered.

Go to http://groups.yahoo.com and type in flak in the search box and join!

Or if you really really want a pattern,go to
http://www.bigskyknitting.com/Downloadable%20Patterns/Knitalong.html

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home