Wednesday, October 15, 2008

WOOL EVERYWHERE!







The fall leaves are at their peak here now. Our grey ram stopped on the way to shearing to visit with the ewes. His fleece was covered with mud, but luckily it washed out leaving me with lovely fiber.

Now all the sheep are shorn. The rams had to be separated because they started fighting due to the seasonal rise in their hormones. Romance for them is about a month away.

I have been madly sorting, washing wool and dyeing to get it ready to take to Zeilinger’s wool processing.

Zeilinger’s will be at Rheinbeck Sheep and Wool Festival this weekend. If I can get it all done, the house will be somewhat back to normal and there won’t be bags of wool all over the place.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

I still have two to shear. I am not going to NYS&W butcan't wait to hear everyone's report on how it was. Have a great time.

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home