Tuesday, September 30, 2008

FALL COLORS




Yesterday everyone came here to feast and dye. Bonnie brought an awesome tomato pie.

Grapes were picked and taken home. I’d had enough of making jam and juice, but the grape-color is great so it gave me an idea to overdye some yarn I’d recently spun from fleece dyed turquoise and salmon that turned out awful. I used Jacquard lilac and was very pleased with the variegated results. My skeins are posing with the asters.

Audrey and Cyndy dyed the other skeins. Cyndy also dyed some silk hankies and showed us how she works with them.

While she was here Cyndy also made a video of me weaving on the rigid heddle. I am embarrassed to admit I still haven’t finished the piece folks will recognize from the Weavezine article http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFZnkoeCb38

4 Comments:

Blogger bspinner said...

Great dye job!!!!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Beautiful yarn! I must say I love purple....sorry I missed the fun.

12:01 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

I had a great afternoon!

Thanks for the grapes and the pie and the fun!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

OMG I love that deep purple! I also like the gold and olive colored one. I am sorry I missed it.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home