Thursday, April 03, 2008

RUNE BAND

Fred wanted a head band with the name of his favorite mount to wear to SCA events so I wove Harley Davidson phonetically in runes (Younger Futhark) on the band.

I used white 60/2 silk from the Stringpage for the background and black crochet cotton for the pattern. The fine red lines are 20/2 red silk.
Not sure why, but I was unsuccessful at keeping the width even in the lettering. There was no trouble keeping the width even in the pattern. The pattern is from the files of the band_snoddar yahoogroup and is equally handsome in reverse.

4 Comments:

Blogger Janice in GA said...

I think Harley Davidson in runes is just brilliant. :)

2:30 PM  
Blogger finnsheep said...

Harley Davidson was Fred's idea, but I stuck him with the runes.

I like how the reverse of the pattern looks like multiple "F's"

2:49 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Wow! It looks so original! It worked out well!

Great ideas, both yours & Fred's!

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is SO cool! I am in awe.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home