Monday, February 05, 2007

Heartstrings Hanging Vines Shawl



My friend, Audrey, gave me this gorgeous cone of 2/28 merino and I am not a weaver and kept thinking -- what if I ply it on itself? Upshot, I plied three strands together and then plied two strands of the three-ply together in the opposite direction. This is my first major lace project and it is FULL of mistakes, but I learned a lot from it. Also learned that I don't think I like laceweight yarn at all!

One photo is of the wrong side of the shawl being blocked. I used dental floss threaded through the points on the edges and safety pins to keep the dental floss tight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elisa said...

You shawl is lovely! I have a cone of similar yarn & hadn't thought about plying it with itself. Thanks for the great idea.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

The shawl is beautiful. On Friday I will bring the cone I have and maybe you could tell me if it would work with that. I tried lace and just couldn't do it but that could be that I wasn't knitting the right way to begin with!!! I will have to try it again but no time soon as I am still enjoying the stranded knitting.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home