Sunday, June 18, 2006

Hats and flowers





The flower gardens look nice now. Most have been weeded, but need to have over-large clumps of things divided. It had been so cool that the flowers have held on much longer than usual. Only problem with that soon the Japanese beetles will be out and ready to eat the roses that haven’t finished blooming.

I did get some knitting done. I tried a hat from Charlene Schurch’s Hat’s On - - a totally wonderful book available from Schoolhouse Press. I love the braided bands so I added one at the bottom of the darker hat and then used a slightly different pattern for the grey/white hat. I was amazed at how the hats blocked out. I thought the braid was going to pull in, but it is very stretchy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

The hats--and the gardens!--are beautiful. I love the braid trim.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Grace,
The garden is beautiful but the hats are gorgeous!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home