Saturday, April 15, 2006

FLAK Aran sweater finished!


This is my finished sweater from the FLAK – Janet Szabo’s wonderful Aran knit along.
I bought a Tunis/Leicester cross fleece at the Endless Mountains fiber event at the Harford (PA) Fairgrounds last fall and spun it up for the sweater. The fleece weighed 5 lbs raw, but only slightly more than half of that after it was washed so I wound up blending some Finn britch fiber to stretch it out. The finished sweater weighs close to three pounds. I wanted a warm, heavy sweater!



I haven’t blocked it yet and may decide to change the bottom border if it keeps curling up. The bottom was about 8 rows of stockinette with the final row consisting of twisting each set of four stitches 360 degrees which created a scallop effect. I used a crochet bind off.

3 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Grace, that is sooo beautiful. I hope someday I will have the patience and stick with it-ness to do something like that...maybe infant size?!?! Congrads on another FO!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Very pretty! I've been waiting to see some complete FLAK's before continuing on mine. I haven't made it past the swatching because I couldn't seem to get the right gauge. Your FLAK is inspiring me to get back to mine.

http://socks-for-mum.blogspot.com

5:58 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Ooh, beautiful!

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home