Wednesday, March 15, 2006

FLAK Aran sweater


Both sleeves are done as well as the collar. I’m happy with the large neck opening, but not so sure I like the roll on the neck. I tried to make the baby honeycomb cables continue up on the neck, but when I picked up stitches for the neck, they were offset slightly from the cables in the body somehow, so I wound up doing the twisted rib and then about seven rows of plain knit for the roll, but maybe that was too much. I can always redo it.



The body is going slowly. I timed it last night. It took about 45 minutes for the row where the cable needle comes out for all the cables. The other rows go much more quickly since only the baby honeycomb needs a cable needle every other row. It hasn’t taken as long to knit as I supposed even though I am picking, carding and spinning all the yarn as I go along. I am still a little worried about having enough wool to finish the sweater.

1 Comments:

Blogger Terri said...

Grace, Your FLAK sleeves look terrific!!!

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home