Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Aran FLAK - one sleeve finished


One sleeve is finished thanks to instructions on the Magic Loop method. I wanted to finish the cuffs in twisted rib, but my instructions weren’t for dpns or circular needles so I wound up only twisting the knit stitches on the outside when I think the purl ones would have been twisted if one knit flat. Then I tried the invisible bind off, and just couldn’t follow it - - even with two different sets of instructions. I wound up using the single crochet, but if it bothers me enough, it wouldn’t be a big problem to reknit the ribbing once I have the invisible bind off figured out. Janet Szabo’s Aran FLAK is a terrific learning experience and a lot of fun!

4 Comments:

Blogger Deby said...

Ohhh, your sweater is looking so good! I love it!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Marguerite said...

What and interesting and attractive way to photograph your FLAK sleeve. It looks beautiful.

Love it that we can share pictures and results.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Grace, Your FLAK sweater looks terrific! Good Job!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Just Beautiful!! And your sheep are just adorable. Are there any sweeter looking creatures on this planet?.....maybe, but not many!!
....still getting to my FLAK sleeves...

Linda in Lancaster, PA

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home