Friday, December 02, 2005

Mittens knit from the wool of our Finnsheep


Mittens are a great way to try out color blended batts. I dyed some of our Finnsheep's wool in shades of green and blue/purple. Then I carded the bats so that one side was the blue/purple color and the other side, green. I folded them in half and then pulled off strips of the batt so that both colors were in each strip. Then I spun and plied and started knitting! Mittens are addictive. The tiny ones didn't take much time at all. They are for my youngest grandson.

3 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

The mittens look beautiful! The colors show up nicely in the photo...thanks for describing how you spun such nice yarn!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Dale's Gmail said...

Hi there finnsheep, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on wood working project plan I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wood working project plan. Should the need ever arise where you need information on wood working project plan then drop by for a look.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Grace I absolutely love the color of mittens. I think mittens are addictive too. They rank right up there with socks.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home